Saturday, February 8, 2020

I got out in the snow today. Not in the snow, but near the snow. 

It's been a very long time since I have spent any significant time outdoors this time of year. I have gone from house to car, and car to wherever, but that's it. The last time I was outdoors in the month of February for more than a few minutes must have been five, six, seven years ago. 

I remember a few hikes and snowshoes in the winter of '10-'11. I remember walking places downtown in the years after that. I think I know the definitive example: in January (I think it was a few days into the new year) of 2014 I was living in a condo in Burlington and my car was towed. I layered up and walked a mile or so on semi-cleared sidewalks to retrieve it. 

I hadn't thought about how long it's been. I decided yesterday that I would try to get out in my power chair and have a look around, enjoy a little sunshine. 

And it worked pretty well. I cruised up the driveway and even made my way a good distance down the road. I wasn't sure how far I might make it, based on the snow and ice and the roughness of the dirt road and cars (trucks) driving by. All that stuff and the sudden appearance of a very cold breeze sent me home where I could bask in the sunny protected driveway a while longer. 

Welp, that was nice, lunch time. 


If interested I've posted a few photos on Instagram @instanatty55

No comments:

Post a Comment