Sunday, January 31, 2016

Whatever Works

I’ve been down before. You know what got me through it? Self-reliance. An attitude that says I don't need anybody else, I have myself. I used to feel very strongly about that. It’s empowering to know that you're okay by yourself. You can take on anything that comes your way. You will beat it. You'll take care of it. You're strong and you’ll kick its ass.

I don't have that anymore.

My attitude has changed a bit. I'll try to describe it. Whatever comes up it's not the worst thing that could happen. Whatever it is, it won't kill me; life will go on. It’s more of a don't-give-a-shit attitude, a no-big-deal nonchalance, to use a positive spin. Sometimes a part of me enjoys when something goes wrong. It serves to reinforce my theory. It serves to remind me that the little things that might go wrong on a day-to-day basis don't mean shit. This attitude can work both ways, but I think it’s mostly for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment