Saturday, March 12, 2016

My Bucket List

I want to play a round of golf in the evening, when no one else is on the course. I want to sit at the bar, drink a few beers and make conversation with strangers. I want to go for a run in the summer with my shirt off, and feel great afterwards. I want to go skiing out West in absurd amounts of powder. I want to buy a new suit and look great. I want to eat a slice of pizza off a paper plate as I walk down the street. I want to buy a new car and smile a huge smile as I drive off the lot. I want to hike the Long Trail, all of it, in a couple of weeks over the summer. I want to go to a wedding and drink too much, dance too much, and have just the right amount of fun. I want to go on a really long bike ride over several days. I want to have a conversation and express myself with the quick wit to which I was once accustomed. I want to live each day without worry for the next. I want to see old friends and have something to tell them. I want to lace up my sneakers, pull up my socks, and play some pick-up basketball. I want to grab a rebound over a taller guy and hear my feet slap the floor as I come down. I want to explore a new city, on foot. I want to wash my car, shovel my driveway, chop some wood, mow my lawn. I want to make music. I want to enjoy music. I want to travel on a whim, and make plans as I go. I want to ride a motorcycle, and go to the beach. I want to meet someone and go on a date. I want to do a good job, at something.

5 comments:

  1. Ok Nate man. After reading this and feeling very sad, I thought, why can't you go to a bar and talk to strangers, why can't you buy a new car, and why can't you still enjoy music? I understand how the other items on your list are unavailable to you now. Would you consider going to Lucy's boyfriend Jon's jazz concert at UVM this May with us? Also, how do you feel about blind dates?! xox0xox0xo much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nate, this makes me so sad. People take these things for granted everyday and I wish them for you everyday. But diddo what your aunt said. Also you can buy a suit and you would look damn good in it. You are a handsome man!! Love you Nate

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do a good, actually great job, at writing!! Love your writing

    ReplyDelete