Friday, May 22, 2020

That Feeling

It's funny how things pop into your mind. I recently remembered the day I got my license. The drive home. By myself. Cruising down the beltline with the windows down, I could've been screaming the whole way. 

For those of you born yesterday, the DMV used to be out on North Ave. I had driven with my mom, but my mémère (that’s Quebecois for grandmother) met us there, freeing me from the learner's permit shackles. Thank you mémère. I hardly knew the way home. Besides, I could go anywhere. 

Where I did go I don't remember. It didn't matter. That feeling. It's almost hard to believe, but I think that feeling is even stronger in my memory than it was in the moment. If I could get that feeling again, well, just thinking about it almost brings me to tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment