Sunday, March 21, 2021

People ask me things like, Did you always write? and Do you like to read? I'm never quite sure how to answer; I don't think they know what they're asking. 

These are the things I can do; I don't have a lot of options. It's no coincidence that I started reading more after my diagnosis. Everyone gravitates towards the things they are good at, and enjoy. Those things change for everyone, if maybe not so severely.

I can answer, Yes, I do like to read, and watch movies, and take down my thoughts, but I've only learned to like them. If they're trying to determine whether my choices are in some way genuine to my true self - and in that way, perhaps, less sad - I'll save them from wondering - they're not.

If you want to ask me a question, spit it out, bluntly. I don't want to waste time on dishonesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment