Friday, October 18, 2019

"Money isn't real, George. It doesn't matter. It only seems like it does." That's from Ray Liotta's character in Blow.  I always liked that line, but now I see it from a different angle. I have a really hard time caring about anything other than my own health. There is a reason why for centuries the promise of improved health has been used to pilfer money from the masses. The UVM Alumni House, (the Edward Wells house, formerly Delta Psi) was built in 1892 thanks in part to the success of Paine's Celery Compound, a patent medicine of 22% alcohol and a hint of cocaine. A bit off topic I know, but I had to get that in there.

I would gladly spend any amount of money if it would improve my health. If I were told that I would be in debt for all of my life, would always struggle with money, and that I would work for all of my life trying to repay my debts, I would take it. I wouldn't have to think about it. 

Money doesn't solve every problem. I understand that everyone needs money for the most basic of needs, but sometimes I have difficulty seeing the value in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment