Thursday, December 5, 2019

I saw Ford versus Ferrari last night at the Marquis in Middlebury. I'd never been there; I like it. 

In the process of buying tickets we were informed that the showing was upstairs, and this being an old building in downtown Middlebury, there is not an elevator. So I had a look at the stairs, and we discussed how we might get me to the second floor, (in the wheelchair or on foot with some assistance). Then the guy behind the counter, seemingly without checking with anyone, offered to change the theater for us. Minutes later both chalkboards were being erased and rewritten. And that's how it came to be that all of those Frozen 2 patrons had to use the stairs.

The movie was at six and we showed up early to get some food first. Yes, they have that, real food from an actual kitchen. It's Mexican. And by the way there is a full bar as well. There is also a dining room, complete with a projector on this night showing an episode of The Simpsons. Quick sidebar, just before leaving the dining room for the movie, presumably at six, in walked a woman who fiddled with the projector, or maybe the laptop it was attached to, and the next thing I know Christmas Vacation is about to start. Oh man I almost didn't want to go into the theater. There is a bar, as I said, and food and drinks are allowed in the theater. I know this isn't completely uncommon, but I find the idea of stepping out mid-movie to grab a fresh beer to be both unheard of and glorious. 

So I guess what I'm saying is that although most multi-plex theaters have no character, charm, or reason to visit over any other multi-plex theater, this one is different. I like different. 

Oh and the movie was good. I'm not used to sitting in a movie theater seat, (how do tall people sit in those seats?) for 2 1/2 hours without interruption, but I survived.

3 comments:

  1. Frozen 2 was also very good, so.... now you know. Also... it sounds like I need to go there that sounds like an awesome place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I haven't seen Frozen 1!!

      Delete
    2. we can easily remedy that next time you are over...

      Delete