Thursday, January 2, 2014

Something Different

I’ve spent the last several months bitching and moaning to you about all of life’s little problems.  More specifically I’ve told you about my problems with the hope that sharing my grief, my anger, and my frustrations might bring some sort of solace.  I’ve tried to show you what it’s been like so that I might feel closer to you during a time when I feel myself less and less like those around me. 

I’ve spent all this time and energy trying to convey all that I’ve lost.  At the start of this New Year, for at least a moment I’d like to talk about a few of the good things in my life.  Bear with me, this isn’t my strong suit.

I have, and have always had amazing parents that would do anything for me.  They have repeatedly been there for me in 2013; made me countless meals, been by my side at countless doctor’s appointments, helped me move twice, opened their home to me, been on the other end of every needy phone call I’ve made, and welcomed Hilary into their lives with the utmost warmth and enthusiasm.

I have friends that endlessly entertain me.  Seriously you guys are a lot of fun.  I couldn’t ask for a better group of friends.  I’ve taken a lot more than I’ve given over the years, whether it was a homemade meal (you know who you are) or a place to crash (you know who you are) I’ve been lucky to have you.  You’ve been like family to me for years.   

In 2013 I met, or re-met as it were, an incredible person who has become my girlfriend, my roommate, and my best friend at a time when none of that seemed possible.  I never thought I would find someone so compassionate, patient, and warm.  I’ve heard relationships are work; I never imagined it would be so easy.  

3 comments: