Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Then I Woke Up

I had a dream last night.  I was in a spaceship with a friend.  He wasn’t human, but he was my friend. 

A door broke off the back wall and was sucked into the distance, a gaping hole left behind.  It was peaceful for the moment but we knew we were going to die.  We didn’t panic because there was nothing we could do.

We talked about our feelings at this moment.  I told him I was relieved.  I no longer had to struggle; I could rest.

He disagreed and told me so.  He reminded me of all that I would miss.  He told me of his life, the people and the places he would leave behind.  He almost convinced me that I was wrong, but I wasn’t so sure.

And then something happened.  What it was I don’t know, but we were saved.  We were going to survive.  My friend rejoiced, in tears with happiness.  I felt uneasy.  I thought it was over.  I had made my peace.  I was almost disappointed to be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment