Thursday, April 17, 2014

In Case You Wanted to Know More About Me

It’s no surprise that in groups and social situations I speak less frequently than in the past.  There are so many reasons for this change. 

I have a tough time being heard over others and over background noise.

I am so tired of people not hearing me, or misunderstanding a word I’ve said.

Not to repeat myself, (oh, the irony) but I hate repeating myself.

I don’t have as much to say.  I don’t have as much going on in my life as I once did, or as you do.  

I’m not as willing to share stories about my cats as some others may be.

I am not apt to launch into a long story, even if it is pertinent to the situation.  I am more likely to bring up a topic or story, and then defer to a friend with a common memory to tell it.

Humor (my specialty) depends largely upon delivery.  My delivery is terrible.

Many times I would rather be a listener, ask questions and allow others to speak.  What can I say?  I am old and wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment