Wednesday, January 15, 2020

I never expected to grow up. I never had a plan. I never knew what I wanted.

Now that I'm older, and I've had an endless amount of time to think about it, I know some things. I definitely don't know all of the answers, but I think I know more about what and how to live my life. 

At the very least, I think, at 35 I know that there is a need to think things through and at least try to decide what you want. And to know whether to try to make a change.

So yes, I have regrets. I regret that I didn't grow up sooner, that I let too much time pass without seeing it. I regret that I was afraid, and oblivious, and immature.

I know I'm not the only one that feels this way, but I think I could do so much better now. If given the chance to do it all over, I can promise you, there would be less regrets and more mistakes. 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it would be good for all of us to have a deep bodily scare to shake us up during such a carefree time. I imagine many of us had but never recognized that it was important to take advantage of this in latter life. I for one have always been grateful to breathe as I fought for many a breath in my younger years. I never forget and have been blessed to feel and take in the air everyday.

    ReplyDelete