Saturday, January 11, 2020

Whenever I tell anyone about almost any aspect of my life, they say, "I can't even imagine." 

I couldn't imagine either. Then, as time passed, more things came into focus. Each day is imperceptibly different. You think back and say, Wow, I can't believe I could lift my arms, or do a push up, or button a shirt and tie a tie. 

And then you're in the present. And you still aren't sure what's happening. You look in the bathroom mirror and you cringe. You think, Maybe I shouldn't look in the mirror. 

And then the stakes change. You think, Well, I still feel okay. I can still hold my head up. I can chew and swallow and breathe on my own. 

But then you think back to the mirror and wonder, How much more weight can I lose?

And then you try to forget the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment