Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Don't Be Jealous

Don’t act like you’re jealous of me.  Don’t ever imply that it must be great to be on disability and “not have to work”.  I hate to watch your career move forward while mine has stopped.  I think about all that I could have accomplished and watch others with envy.

And don’t pretend like I’m getting off easy by not having to do physical labor; not helping out.  It kills me not to help out.  That soreness you get after moving furniture all day, or chopping wood for the winter, there’s satisfaction in that.  That feeling bestows a sense of accomplishment, and a sense of strength. Watching from the sidelines only brings a useless feeling to mind.

So don’t be jealous of me.  And if in some sick, twisted, fleeting moment you are jealous, keep it to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment