Friday, August 30, 2013

Mostly Questions

I grew up feeling like everyone around me knew who I was.  And I knew them.  At least on the surface.

I think I like that feeling.  There's a familiarity and comfort to it.

As life goes on and the people around you change, that comfortable feeling can go away.  Meeting new people provides new opportunities to define yourself. 

But what if you've changed?  What if who you've become is different from the person you used to be? 

What if who you are is defined by a single thing?  How do you tell them that you used to be so much more?  

2 comments:

  1. who you are now is defined by so much more than one thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted about this. Ever since last year I've been struggling with the same thing!

    ReplyDelete