Monday, September 9, 2013

Consistently Inconsistent

I go into the doctor's all the time with questions about what is happening to me.  None have ever been answered to my satisfaction.  I am told things like, “If you think it helps, keep doing it.”  My concerns are countered with gentle nods of understanding.

Turns out each person has a very different experience with this disease.  Knowing how things will progress, how your body will react, how you will feel, and how things will BE, is impossible.  I consistently feel like I know more about it than my doctors do.  It’s not that they are incompetent; it's just that no one has all the answers.

When visiting the doctor people want to be reassured.  They want to hear that their experiences are normal and can be explained.  It's very difficult to feel any comfort when there is no normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment