Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fatties

So many foods out there are made to be low in fat.  This is supposed to make them better for you.  More accurately it makes them appear to be better for you.

I try to buy the full fat varietals.  Yogurt can be difficult.  Greek is a good trend as it is made to be richer, and higher in fat.  But all these a-holes are making non-fat shit-Greek with skim milk.  And the "full fat" kind is not labeled as such.  It just doesn't say "Reduced Fat" or "0% Milkfat" or "Made with Skim Milk" or whatever other label will make fat-a-phobes feel good about themselves.  Most brands don’t even make anything that isn't "low fat". 

Guess I'm the only consumer who smiles at 68% saturated fat per serving.

4 comments:

  1. NO! You and the moms with young kids! Wes is supposed to eat full fat yogurt and I would too if they made it! The only one I can find is the specific kids stuff that is overpriced. let me know what you find...oh and i did find one delicious brand at hannifords but they stopped carrying it...i cant remember the name. it was so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is it... it is SO GOOD! http://korudairy.com/

    p.s. - as you can tell it was not Torrey posting that but me...Tessa. Just noticed I was under his account. oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am constantly upset by searching for full fat or non-reduced fat prodcuts!!! Fage makes a full fat greek yogurt but i can be hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you want fat. Ben and Jerry's all the way!

    ReplyDelete