Friday, November 8, 2013

I'm Hungry and I Want Food...Now!!

Since my deglutinization, (a term coined by our former Commander in Chief, George Dubbya), I have found it difficult to find a quick meal; lunch on the go.

I've never been one to frequent fast food joints, doughnut shops or bakeries, or fuel my body where I fuel my car (convenience store food, gross) but occasionally I crave a handheld, takeout meal.  

I can't tell you how many times I've walked down South Church Street carrying Big Daddy's Pizza or a KKD sandwich, be it 2 am or otherwise.  Or how many car trips have started with a bagel sandwich and the resulting mess.  I miss those kinds of quick, satisfying meals.

Taking a big bite out of a folded slice of pizza on a paper plate without regard for the hot sauce that will no doubt burn your mouth.  Ripping open the wrapper and diving into a sandwich you know is too big to finish.  But you finish it.

Some say life is about enjoying the simple things.  I'll have to look for substitutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment