Monday, October 14, 2013

Life's Little Problems

Sometimes I want to stop and get coffee some place; to-go coffee from a coffee shop, not a gas station.  But I’m afraid because I can see that moment when I’m handed an uncovered steaming hot coffee and I have to a) take it from the employee’s hand, b) carry it to the “coffee prep station” for a lid and coffee cup sheath (not possible without significant spillage), c) carry it to my car without making a mess (yes, even with the lid on this can be an issue), and d) not spill it in my car as I try to steal a sip while driving.

All of this causes enough anxiety that I decide not to stop at all. 

I’ll just make coffee at home. 

2 comments:

  1. As em to put it in YOUR travel mug, but not to fill it to the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was meant more as a commentary on my anxiety in public places in general. I used the coffee example because it shows how a simple task can become so difficult.

      Delete