Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Iguana is the Sneeziest Animal

A couple of years ago I was at a party.  The apartment had hardwood floors and I was in my socks. 

I had more than a few drinks, but was still keenly aware of the slippery floor under my socks.

Later when I sneezed, I lost my balance and fell to the floor. 

I lay on my back, laughing at myself as the hostess chimed in to her boyfriend, laughingly, "I told you the floor was slippery".

I got up slowly, casually.  I played the fool; played it off as if it could've happened to anyone.  As if it was too many beers and a slippery surface. 

It wasn't.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think it'll be "easier" when your ALS is out there, and not as hidden? Nothing "easy" about this. x0x0 Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easier around people who know. I have an aversion to strangers because I feel like I am hiding something (because I am).

      Delete